Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 4-speedy mile....

Okay, I hate running fast, I really do. I decided that since there was suppose to be a "cool" front yesterday it would be safe to do my 10:15 mile in the morning....wrong!!! I head out to warm up and it is very humid and very warm, I can see the clouds and there is teeny, tiny bit of rain coming down. I had marked off a .5 mile area in my neighborhood so I walked it to warm up, per training instructions. I get to where I needed to start running and take off. At that precise moment the humid and temperature increased and I really thought I was going to suffocate. I only made it four minutes and barely a half mile into the run. I was completely soaked and out of breath. I stopped and recovered for three minutes. I decided to suck it up and do it. So, I restarted and did my mile in 9:45, instead of 10:15. The front arrived and I walked another mile to cool down.

I had promised my super marathoner friend that I would go with her to a "social" run that night. We showed up and she took off (she runs a seven-minute mile on an "easy" day). I trotted slowly, because I don't want to overdo it and injure myself. I did 2.8 miles in 30:18. The cooler temperatures make such a difference and I imagine the two hour nap didn't hurt either!

As far as my nutrition is going. I had a chip breakdown yesterday. I LOVE tortilla chips with cream cheese and salsa. I did rein it in though, I had a serving of chicken tetrazzine for dinner and a half-cup of light ice cream for dessert. I was still very hungry, so I ate 3/4 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios with a 1/2 cup of milk. Which I repreated at 3:00 am this morning.

This morning I decided to not run until tonight and only run once today. For breakfast I had a light multi-grain English muffin with PB powder mixed with sugar-free and regular jelly and half of a banana. It was yummy.

I have decided to go through my past year's worth of "Self" and "Fitness" magazine and pull out all the nutrition advice, meal plans, and recipes. However, CSI has distracted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment