I didn't get much sleep last night. I had weird dreams and then tossed and turned from 1:00-3:30. by then it was time to get up and go run. I got out of bed at 4:40 am (yes, me, eternally grumpy morning person) put on my clothes and headed to CK.
I was assigned to go with Rochelle (leader) and Monica (who is training for the Nike Women's Half in October). We were suppose to do a 12:00 minute mile pace for four miles. We started out kind of fast at a 10:30 pace for the first mile and then it slowed it down. Once again, it was ridiculously humid and by the halfway point my shirt was completely soaked. We made it back and averaged a 11:32 pace, not too shabby. I am looking at purchasing a Garmin for tracking my mileage, pace, heartrate, and calories burned-I just can't decide which model is the best and I have to wait to save some more funds.
I came home, showered, fell back into bed and slept until 11:00. I then got up and ate a bowl of cereal and watched some soccer. For a late lunch I made myself another breakfast sandwhich, ate an apple and took another nap because I was exhausted.
I woke up and ate a Fiber Plus bar and ordered pizza. I ate 4 slices of cheese and that is my indulgence for the week. Tomorrow we are going wakeboarding and I am going to count that as my cross-training. I have found a quick weight workout in my most recent issue of "Women's Health" and I plan on incorporating it into my routine for the next week.
I have a Garmin Forerunner, which I always used when I ran outside. Since I got the Iphone though, I now use an application that tracks the miles for me while I run. Both are really great! They track your pace, the path you ran, your time, calorie burn, etc. Very great for keeping yourself on track.
ReplyDelete