Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finishing out Week 3.....

I am definitely holding true to my once a week a promise!

Week 3 Day 4-the dreaded tempo run!
My half marathon pace is a 10:15 mile and I had to do 3 miles at this pace with a mile warm-up and a mile cool down. I used Brian's Garmin again and ended up running 3 miles in 28:49, definitely faster than I was suppose to go. It didn't feel great, but I didn't want to die either. The important thing is that I did it.

Week 3 Day 5-easy 3 miles
I have to keep reminding myself that I am suppose to be doing a 12:00 minute mile...the Garmin makes it so much easier to keep up with the distance and pace, now I just need to convince myself that  it is okay to go that slow..not having much luck in that area. I did 3 miles in 30:49....

Week 3 Day 6-Rest, which I did.

Week 3 Day 7-Long run 6 or 7 miles.
Met with the group for my second long run. We could have gone 7 miles, but my shins are not happy with me and the heat/humidity sapped my strength. However, it is over and done with. We averaged a little over a 12:00 minute mile, but we stopped for water three times.

Tomorrow I will rest and ice my shins some more.

1 comment: