So far, so good.
Last night I waited to run until the 6:45 social run at CK Sports. It ended up just being me and the coach. I told him that I was suppose to do 3 miles at a 11:30-12:00 minute a mile pace. We started off and I didn't feel winded at all. It was very hot (93 degrees) and humid. The coach was very helpful and gave me lots of feedback and tips for running. It was nice to have someone focus on me for a change. I started this running thing with just some shoes and not a whole lot of knowledge and to have someone there to ask questions and give advice felt good.
We ran down Custer Road, and I fell! I couldn't believe it, I haven't tripped or fallen ever at all since I started exercising. Thankfully I threw myself towards the grass so I didn't skin up anything. We ran through a nice neighborhood and back to the store. When we got to the store the coach was like, "Oh, we did more of a 10 minute mile...." It wasn't bad, I figured the humidity was what was making me feel winded. It was nice though, to know that I can maintain that pace in the heat and humidity. I am so ready to adapt to the weather.
I am really wanting a Garmin Forerunner, a new sports bra, new shorts,some more Feetures socks, and a couple of new tanks. It amazes me that those are things I want to spend money on, instead of a new purse, regular shoes, or clothes.
Another recent change in my spending desires is food. I have rediscovered the joy of cooking. I have been looking through my "Biggest Loser", "Slim and Scrumptious" by Joy Bauer, "The Athlete's Palate", and other sources looking for yummy things to make. I would love nothing more than to be able to go to Whole Foods and drop a couple of hundred dollars on a week's worth of groceries! I really want a new blender, immersion blender, and food processor.
As far as the food I have been behaving, somewhat. Yesterday I ate two bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios, a half cup of light ice cream, some spaghetti, and a PB banana English Muffin. I forgot what I ate for lunch though.....it wasn't bad though because there isn't anything too bad to eat here. However, I did wake up again at 2:30 am starving and I ate a small handful of Mini Mini-Wheats. This morning I made my own Egg McMuffin and it was surprisingly tasty.
Exercise wise today is suppose to be a rest day/cross training. I am not doing anything that requires use of my legs. I may do some core work and upper body weights, but I might actually just "rest".
Tomorrow, bright and early will be a 4-miler.
Great job girl! very inspiring!
ReplyDelete